I have been busy washing baby stuff, setting up his room, acquiring baby stuff (man this kid is going to have an awesome birthday), and I think attempting to eat my way into labor (I am so hungry…can’t eat all that much at once but boy do I like to eat, well at least most days lately).
Here’s a picture of my ever growing belly….yes it is HUGE but I guess that is what happens when you stick a bun in a 4 foot 11 oven….the only place it has to “rise” is out. Thankfully I have gained very little weight during my pregnancy, so hopefully my “massive bump” will recede quickly.
I have also planted a garden on our back porch recently…yes I know I am pregnant like I need anything else to take care of other than a baby. I have always wanted to try and grow veggies as well as some herbs and now that we have a place that actually gets sunlight where we are “allowed” to plant according to our lease, I thought I would try it out.
I planted:
Tomatoes
Zucchini
Basil
Cilantro
Banana Peppers
Green Bell Peppers
Paris Island Romaine Lettuce
Chocolate Bell Peppers (these are supposed to be sweet and gourmet quality…they are all the rage on the internet)
Of course right after I planted my little garden it started raining for weeks on end….argh. Good thing I planted in well drained containers. I did have to have Ryan drill into one of the potters to create more drainage (tomatoes) because the plant was being finicky. All the rain also brought bugs (only on two of the plants) and fungus (just on the tomatoes)…so I have had to learn a lot about natural ways to combat fungus and buggies from invading my garden. Hopefully the sun will decide to stay for a while…we had our first 3 days in a row with no rain this week (stopped today…it rained this morning – 3 days is a lot considering it has been raining every day for a month).
Here are some pictures of my meager garden; hopefully I can manage to grow something worth eating!
I also thought I would include a picture of what we see from our back porch, you can see the mountains in the background and some of the south-west part of the Salt Lake Valley as well as the Northern part of the Utah Valley. Out our front door we have mountains that are much closer, I will have to take a picture of those. We also have the mountain we live on that you can see the side of that has the hang gliding park on it if you turn the other direction from our porch or walk out our front door.
It also rained the other day (big surprise) and the clouds were pretty low, I missed the best pictures but I thought I would share a bit of the view from our window after the storm.
2 comments:
Wow, I can't believe how soon your due date is coming up! I am so happy for you!! I really can understand how you're feeling about it all- 'nervous excitement.' That would sum up exactly how I feel. It's the most happy thing in the world to have a baby but at the same time, there's just so much to it, you know?! Your belly has grown even more since I saw you at your baby shower! You're going to be the most attentive, loving, caring mommy in the world.
Your garden also looks fantastic. We started a garden as well with a lot of the same kinds of foods that you have planted. We did do some onions too and they turned out the best out of everything. Our climates are very different so that also plays a big part in what grows the best. Well good luck with everything!!
Wow,that much time has gone by already! I can't want to see pictures of the new edition when the world is blessed by his presence. :-)
Post a Comment