Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Let the Countdown Begin!

As of today I have 30 days left until my due date, I can hardly believe it! It is hard to really picture myself as a parent; perhaps it takes some time to get used to the idea that I will be someone’s mommy. I know this sounds weird but I just don’t feel old enough to be someone’s mom. Yes, I do know how absolutely ridiculous it sounds when I say I don’t feel old enough – I am plenty old enough to be a mom…of a few kids.
Well I am excited to see what this new adventure brings and I am very excited to start preparing more for Bean’s arrival.

Also worth mentioning, I have been taking this pre-natal water aerobics class and I love it! I highly recommend swimming and water aerobics to anyone who is pregnant! I feel so much lighter and like I am floating on air in the pool. Even on days when my back hurts, the baby is “on my nerves” literally, and I feel gross, I get in that warm pool and I feel like I can do anything! It is also super cool to feel the baby moving around while swimming, it is like he is trying to swim with me.

4 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

I didn't feel like a Mom even after I gave birth. So, you aren't alone there. I still don't feel old enough sometimes to be a Mom. But now my kid is old enough to call me Mom, so that helps. And I have 2, that also makes me feel for sure like a Mom. lol.

Schumacher said...

So can I just say I am so exited for you and ryan...and like I told sister westlake you are one of the nicest, caring people I know..you will be a super wonderful mom

Kristal and Chance said...

Yeah I can't believe how soon your baby is due... wow! I can completely relate to how you're feeling about parenthood. Like you said, you're going to be someone's mommy and that's a very complex feeling! It's happy, exciting and a bit scary, at least for me! I don't feel old enough either ha ha! I still feel like a kid sometimes. You will be a great mother to little Bean though, so don't worry! :) I can't wait to see pictures of him. It's pretty cool that he's due on my birthday, too.

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

You'll be an awesome Mom! We're excited for Bean to arrive!