Thursday, July 2, 2009

Movies and Dating

Ryan and I have recently been trying to spend as much time together as possible while we are still a family of 2. Yesterday we decided to watch a few movies together, Star Trek (in the theater) and Benjamin Button (rental).

So I admit that I really wasn’t too excited to see Star Trek. Growing up I occasionally watched the Star Trek show and I thought it was ridiculously cheesy (sorry if you liked it, it just wasn’t my thing). Any ways, I agreed to go to the show because so many people had said it was good…they were right. I was really surprised at how good the movie was; definitely worth seeing. My favorite part – the little kid Jim Kirk driving the car and singing the Beastie Boys song Sabotage “wahhhhha…. I can’t stand it, I know you planned it….” made me want to go speeding down the street in my car listening to that CD (yes I have the Beastie Boys Greatest hits CD…go ahead take in the shock).

Now Benjamin Button, wow I should have NEVER watched that movie while pregnant – those of you who have seen it probably know why. The movie I thought had great acting and a decent story line but it moved super slow. Ryan didn’t like it. I thought it was sad, Ryan thought it was depressing. We both agreed it moved very slow. I think if you want a sad love story and you have a lot of time on your hands it is great, otherwise probably not a movie I would suggest. I don’t suggest this movie for anyone who is pregnant.

2 comments:

Lisa Marie said...

Are you worried about giving birth to an old man or something? lol. I thought the ending was super lame. Hello, his body would not shrink up like that! Make it more realistic please!

Jules Westlake said...

I didn't like that the movie opened with the mother dying in childbirth then the movie ends with an infant-looking person dying...not images I needed to toy with before bed. I agree that the ending was completely lacking logic and that is was lame for him to supposidly have memory loss at the end of life when...hello his body is in great shape, if anything his brain should have been in peak condition. Apparently the body and brain age seperately for this author...

I do hope my kid, at birth, is cuter than Benjamin Button though...even though giving birth to an old man is highly unlikely.