Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Missionary Madness

For those of you who may not be aware I am in my ward’s primary presidency, probably one of the best callings I can remember having so far. In June we are planning on encouraging the kiddos to participate in missionary work and look forward to someday serving a mission through a formal activity as well as weekly little activities at church.

Right now we are planning on having members speak about their missions on Sunday during primary to the kids – showing pictures, telling stories, teaching them new words, etc. For the activity (during the week) we are planning on having the kids “come to the MTC” and “board a plane” on a mission tour. We are planning to have 4-6 speakers in different “country” rooms tell the kids about their missions and engage them in experiencing some of the things the member did on his or her mission. At the end of the activity we are planning to have the kids write letters to themselves at age 19 boys/21 girls about why they want to serve missions. At the beginning of the activity we plan on playing “Mission President Says” – like Simon Says, Missionary Charades, and a Where in the World is this Mission game (kids pair the number of Missionaries, places, etc with the mission on a map).

If you have any ideas that maybe are “cooler” or sound fun and have to do with missionary work or efforts please feel free to share them, I am open to getting all the suggestions I can.

2 comments:

loriham said...

Cooler ideas huh? Yours sound pretty good to me. I know why you are in the Primary presidency.

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

You did an AWESOME job planning this activity and (sorry I couldn't be there) I heard it turned out fabulous!!! You're awesome!