Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Meet "Bean"

In September Ryan started asking me what I wanted for my birthday (in October). As many of you who know me are aware, I am horrible (typically) at deciding what I want for gifts. This year I told Ryan I wanted a baby for my birthday. Of course we had the laughs about buying one, having one materialize out of thin air, etc. I had decided though that is what I wanted for my birthday, a baby.

Setting out on a quest for what seemed at the time nearly impossible to accomplish we remained hopeful, even if a bit skeptical. Towards the end of October (birthday time) we became a little suspicious that I might be getting exactly what I wanted. I was very cautious because we had a few months of “fake outs” as I like to refer to them.

On November 4th (yes, election day) we took the “test” and found out that we were expecting a little one! I must say that I really like the digital pregnancy tests much more than the traditional line or plus sign tests. When we took the test it took seconds for the little “Pregnant” result to flash onto the screen – I just stared at it for what seemed an eternity (10 minutes or so) in disbelief.

When we found out that we were pregnant we read online about how big our baby was and how things should be developing. According to what we read at the time, our baby was the size of a bean – so we began calling our baby “Bean” – hence the title of this post “Meet Bean.”

Yesterday we had the pleasure of getting our official ultrasound. We got to see our little Bean move around, kick, and show off. One thing Bean really wanted to show off was his parts – yes I did say “his” – when the ultrasound technician went to go see what gender Bean was he spread his legs wide open and gave us a peep show. The tech laughed and said, wow, baby isn’t shy! When the specialist (maternal and fetal doctor) came in to go over our ultrasound and check for various things he asked if we knew the gender, we said “yes, but we know it is just a guess” – well apparently he wanted proof, he made sure he zoomed in and printed us out a picture – he laughed and said (in a very funny way) “Now I am not a betting man but I would put money on the fact that this is a boy” – then he handed us a picture – needless to say we are believers.

We are so excited to be so blessed to be pregnant and this far along (fingers still crossed that everything will go okay). I love being able to feel the baby move (it is so neat)! We hope that we will be blessed to have a healthy baby in a few months and we are so thankful for the prayers that we have had said on our behalf over the past two years. We hope that each of you knows that your well being is in our prayers as well and that we are incredibly thankful for your help with achieving and sustaining this miracle of a blessing!

Here are some pictures of our little Bean....
"I am far from shy!"
Arms - Yep I can already snap my fingers and hit my mom....


Profile - See my spine? I am breathing too - cool huh?

Face...."No, I will not hold still!"


7 comments:

Melanie said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Your little "bean" is adorable! I'm so excited for your family! Boys are so much fun too! Hooray! I hope everything goes well!

Kristal and Chance said...

That is so exciting! Congratulations- we are so happy for you two!! A boy will be a blast! Keep us updated! :)

loriham said...

I am so excited for you guys!! Our boys will be so close in age! Too bad you live in Utah for the time being. I guess we'll have to come visit.

Lisa Marie said...

Congratulations! It seems like everyone I know is pregnant these days. Hooray for boys!!

Cody and Maegan Graham said...

He's so cute already!!! I'm so excited for you guys!!!

Kordle said...

Ah!! Now I can tell what those pictures are, exactly!!! Thanks Jewls!!! Congrats on the little guy!!!

Schumacher said...

hooray!! I am so very exited for you guys! You are going to make a wonderful mom...Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!